You’ve probably already got your Christmas tree up by now, and whether you’ve gone for real or fake, the way you choose to decorate your tree supposedly says a lot about you as a person.
Because of course, everyone has their own style when it comes to Christmas, colours, decorations and lighting.
Readers Digest has taken a closer look at people, their personalities, and their Christmas trees to determine what festive decorating style really says about a person.
Here’s what your Christmas Tree say’s about you…
- White lights – You ask house guests to remove their shoes.
- Multi-coloured lights – You’re an extrovert.
- Blinking Lights – You have attention deficit disorder.
- Homemade ornaments – You have lots of children.
- Strung Popcorn – You have too much time on your hands.
- Red balls only – You wish you lived in a department store.
- Cut-off top – You didn’t measure the tree.
- Vague evergreen smell – You bought a healthy tree.
- Strong evergreen smell – You sprayed your tree with Pine-Sol.
- Just plain smelly – There’s a dead bird in your tree.
Sound about right?
Whatever your tree says about you, embrace it!
And if you’re in need of a little advice on how to make sure this year’s tree outshines the trees of Christmas past, here you go.
5 tips that’ll guarantee you’ve got the best Christmas tree in town
- The shape of your tree is the most important thing. Make sure your tree is lush and dense – gaps are no good.
- Snowy wintry wilderness is fashionable this year. Think frost effect ornaments and natural pine adorning snow covered trees and you’ve got it.
- Be generous with lights! Make sure you put them on first and decorate from deep inside your tree, outwards.
- Stick to a theme and choose just one or two colours if you want your tree to look professional and modern. But if you’re more of a traditionalist, go crazy.
- Don’t just use bows and baubles – accessorise your tree with fabric, fern and pine ornaments. And make sure all decorations are spread evenly!
And most of all, enjoy yourselves. It’s Christmas!