Win a Cath Kidston travel set in support of The Honeypot Children’s Charity

Cath Kidston competition

The Honeypot Children’s Charity has been working for over 20 years to enhance the lives of young carers and vulnerable children aged 5 to 12 years old. The only charity in the country to provide respite breaks, Honeypot also provide on-going outreach support to children throughout their formative years.

This enables young carers a well-deserved break from their somewhat demanding and stressful responsibilities at home. They also provide a safe, nurturing environment where children at risk can develop to their full potential. Their overarching aim is for every child to be able to make the most of their one chance at childhood.

Honeypot logo

Some key facts about The Honeypot Children’s Charity:

  • They receive no government funding. This means they must raise over £1 million each year to continue providing these vital services to children and young people.
  • There are two Honeypot Houses in the UK. The first was opened in 1996 in the New Forest, Hampshire. The second was opened last year in Pen y Bryn in Wales. They provide children the chance to, put very simply, be children. Each Friday, 12 children are picked up from school and they travel to Honeypot House for a weekend of fun activities and time away from the stressful responsibilities they face at home. Children are able to choose from a range of ways to spend their weekend; swimming in the pool, playing on the adventure playground, riding bikes, visiting pets corner or baking special treats.
  • A range of children from different backgrounds can enjoy what Honeypot House has to offer. 70% of the children that come to Honeypot are young carers who juggle school and growing up with performing a surrogate adult role at home. The other 30% of the children are vulnerable in the sense that they may have a parent or family member that has a drug, alcohol or mental health issue.
  • Each year, over 1,000 children from up and down the country can enjoy a respite break at one of the Honeypot Houses. Many of the children have been in a caring role from as young as five years old, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This in turn has a negative effect on their own personal development and puts the children at high risk of poor mental and physical health and may lead to social issues such as isolation, bullying and school absence.

Win a Cath Kidston travel set worth £82 in support of The Honeypot Children’s Charity

We’re delighted to be working with The Honeypot Charity to be able to give you the chance to win a Cath Kidston travel set worth £82, including a weekend bag, a purse, and a passport holder (pictured). To enter the competition, all you have to do is answer the question posted on our Facebook page. The question is:

When was the first Honeypot House opened?

  1. 1980
  2. 1996
  3. 2016

Post your answers in the comments section of our Facebook post, NOT in the comment section of this blog post. The competition will run from Tuesday 12th December until 23.59 on Monday 18th December. The winner will be announced the following day. Good luck!

Support The Honeypot Children’s charity through Savoo

In the meantime, remember you can support The Honeypot Children’s charity for free through Savoo. By using our online discount codes and vouchers to save money on your online shopping, we will donate up to 50% off our affiliate commission to them on your behalf. The best part is that this will come at no extra cost to you.

You can also use our Bing-powered search engine to search the web. We donate a penny to The Honeypot Children’s charity every time you make a search. All you have to do is sign up and support The Honeypot Children’s charity to start the donations.

Terms and conditions

The competition is not linked to Facebook and is not sponsored, supported or organised in any way by Facebook.
Every participant who comments on the Facebook post automatically agrees to these terms and conditions.
The competition ends on Monday 18th December at 23.59. The automatic determination of the winner takes place on the following day.
The winner will be contacted on Facebook by Savoo, and has one week to respond with their contact details
One person wins one Cath Kidston Trailing Rose Foldaway Overnight Bag (RRP £45), one Cath Kidston Button Spot Folded Zip Wallet (RRP £30), and one Cath Kidston Painted Pansies Passport Holder (RRP £8).
The prizes will be sent to the winner by post.
The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
Proof of identity and age may be required.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.

Comments (0)

Leave A Comment

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SCRATCH DEBUG :: not set