Did you know...
Our research in 2012 found that Scots represented 7% of the UK homeless population in London. By 2013, this figure had increased to 12%. The research identified priority support needs, such as significant alcohol and drug misuse and complex mental health problems.
Homeless Scots are considered to be some of the most entrenched rough sleepers in London: 37% of Scottish clients have been rough sleeping across a minimum of two consecutive years. The figure for UK clients as a whole is 26% [CHAIN, 2015].
What makes Borderline different
Borderline is the only organisation specifically helping homeless Scots in London.
Other ways to support
Borderline have many ways in which an individual can be involved with the charity (all information on the ‘help us’ page on our website).
• We have 6 places in the 10K Vitality London for 2017 and 2018.
• We are actively promoting 3 challenge events from Discover Adventure for individuals to sign themselves up to: Trek Ben Nevis, 26 mile marathon walk across London and London to Paris bike ride
• Leave a gift in your Will to Borderline
• Dive out of an aeroplane for Borderline. We currently feature on the London Parachute School website.
• Fundraise for Borderline – host a Burn’s Night event, bake sale, charity football match, count your coppers, games night etc
• Fundraise at your place of Worship or school
• Volunteer for Borderline
• Check our our Vimeo page