Savoo ‘Web Search’
– What is Savoo ‘Web Search’?
Savoo ‘Web Search’ is a simple way to make a difference – each time you search the web (though Bing-powered Savoo ‘Web Search’), shop online (at the 2,000+ stores on Savoo ‘Voucher Store’), we’ll make a donation to your favourite cause. We know you have limited time and money and we’ve created our products to make giving back easy.
Savoo.co.uk used to just be a voucher code and money-saving website, but we asked UK consumers and the Savoo staff how they wanted to change the business and the response was almost unanimous.
Savvy shoppers in the UK and staff wanted to feel like they could make a difference to those people who needed help – but without changing their everyday lives. Savoo ‘Voucher Store’ and Savoo ‘Web Search’ was born.
– What is the Savoo ‘Web Search’ search engine?
It’s a Bing-powered search engine that you use exactly as you would any other search engine. The difference is each time you do a search, about a penny is raised for your favourite charity. The more you search, the more you earn for your cause and combined with millions of others in the Savoo ‘Web Search’ movement, your searches can make a real impact. Put simply: you search, we give!
– How do I start raising money for my charity with Savoo ‘Web Search’?
– How good are the search results?
Savoo ‘Web Search’ is powered by Bing so you’ll get high-quality search results.
– How much can I earn for my selected charity?
Your pennies per search can quickly add up! Each qualifying web search generates approximately one penny (see below for some exceptions). There is no cap on how much money we will distribute to charities as long as the searches are legitimate.
– Where does the money come from?
The money we donate to charities comes to Savoo in two ways. Firstly through the affiliate commissions we receive from consumers using our voucher codes and deals. We are simply giving up to 50% of that away to the charity of your choice. For the time being, Savoo is also donating the 1p per search made on our search engine (powered by Bing). That may change as we grow as we move to a more efficient and profitable (for charities) methodology.
– What percentage of revenue goes to the charities?
We donate 1p and up to 50% of the affiliate commission to charities
– So, thereʼs no cost to me?
Absolutely none! Weʼre providing a way for people to support a charity they care about at no cost to themselves.
– Do all of my searches count toward donations?
Most of your searches will earn donations for your cause, but exceptions include:
– What if I do not select a charity?
Revenue raised by users who do not designate a specific charity will be used to help Savoo create a better experience for consumers and charities.
– How can I see how much my chosen cause has earned?
Check out your chosen cause’s page from our ‘Charity Directory’ to see how much has been raised for them.
– What stops people from clicking repeatedly just to raise money for their cause?
Fraudulent searching will result in the user being blocked from the site and/or the charity being de-listed. Fraudulent searching includes, but is not limited to, repeated manual clicks, and the use of robots or other automated query tools. As long as you use Savoo ‘Web Search’ honestly, just as you would any other search engine, it’s never a problem.
– Where do I find a full list of the charities I can support on Savoo ‘Web Search’?
You can always try finding a charity by clicking on “Choose a cause” links found on the Savoo site.
– Can I donate to more than one cause?
Absolutely! You can support as many causes as you’d like, but only one at a time. When you’re ready to make a change, just click on “Change your cause” on the Savoo ‘Web Search’ homepage and select the charity you’d like to start raising funds for. This way, you can simply do good for multiple organisations!
– How do I make Savoo ‘Web Search’ my homepage?
– Where do I report offensive images found through image search?
Our image search is powered by Bing and is defaulted to Safe Search mode. However, the system does not catch offensive images all the time, so please report offensive images directly to Bing
– The charity I had selected does not appear when I return to the Savoo ‘Web Search’ homepage
In order for your computer to remember which charity you previously selected, you’ll need to set your browser to accept “cookies” from Savoo ‘Web Search’. Here are instructions for each popular browser.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0+
Mozilla Firefox (1.0 final release and earlier)
* Please note, any time you or your anti-virus software clears your cookies or temporary files, you will need to return to the Savoo site and re-select your charity.
Savoo ‘Voucher Store’
– What is Savoo ‘Voucher Store’?
Savoo ‘Voucher Store’ is an online shopping portal that donates a percentage of your purchase price to your cause when you shop at one of 2,000+ partner stores. You can also find 10,000+ active discounts, deals and money-saving vouchers so you can save money and give back to charities and causes at the same time.
When you sign up to use Savoo ‘Voucher Store’ and click on a voucher or deal, we notify our partner stores that we referred you to their site – this is known as being an affiliate. We are given a commission fee when you make a purchase and we split the fee 50/50 with the cause or charity you’ve chosen.
– How do I start raising money for a charity with Savoo ‘Voucher Store’?
– How much can I earn for my charity?
You can see how much is donated back to your cause on each partner retailer’s respective page on Savoo ‘Voucher Store’. This donation amount varies; but it generally ranges from 1% – 30% of your total purchase amount. Your amount raised from everyday shopping can quickly add up! There are retailers on our site that are not currently participating in the program, if that is the case, we state that on the retailer’s page on the site. We are always working to get more retailers involved.
There is no cap on how much money we will direct to charities.
– Where does the money come from?
When you shop through Savoo ‘Voucher Store’, we are paid an affiliate commission fee. We direct up to 50% of this commission fee in the form of a donation to your selected charity.
– So there’s no cost to me? Is using Savoo ‘Voucher Store’ any different or more costly than buying directly from the retailer?
No! There is no cost and the experience of shopping through Savoo ‘Voucher Store’ is exactly the same as going to the retailer directly. You receive the same prices and level of service and the retailers are responsible for collecting payment, shipping and returns. The only difference is that you have the added bonus of simply earning donations for your favourite cause through your shopping and – at the same time – getting the very best discounts, voucher codes and deals on the market.
– Is shopping through Savoo ‘Voucher Store’ secure?
It is 100% secure. The entire transaction is done through the merchant sites, just as if you had gone to their store directly, except with the added bonus of raising money for the charity of your choice.
– Do all purchases qualify for a donation?
You can earn a donation for your charity through most of your purchases, but each retailer has its own rules and some purchases may not qualify. For example, many merchants do not contribute donations for gift cards or gift certificates.
– What if I do not select a charity?
Any revenue raised by users who do not designate a specific charity will be used to help Savoo create a better service for charities and consumers.
– I’m a retailer and I want to get involved
If you would like add your store to Savoo ‘Voucher Store’, feel free to contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Why is there a delay between when I make a purchase and when it shows up in the amount raised for my charity?
We post the data that we receive from our retailers as and when we receive it. For some of our retailers, however, it can take up to eight weeks to report their sales back to us from the time of your purchase. You may also notice a change in the donation totals due to returned merchandise or cancelled orders. Please note: for most of our travel partners, the donation does not appear until a few weeks after your travel is completed. If you are familiar with the cashback model, it works in the same way – except the money goes to charity.
– What if it’s been more than eight weeks and I still don’t see the donation made from my purchase?
There are a few reasons why your purchase may not have resulted in a donation:
If none of these apply and you do not see your donation appearing on your charity or user account page after eight weeks, please email us at email@example.com and we will look into it.
FAQ for Charities
– What types of organizations are eligible to participate?
To participate in our program, your organisation needs to be a registered UK Charity.
– Does Savoo ‘Web Search’ work with charities outside of the United Kingdom?
We currently only work with UK and international organisations which have UK-based offices.
– How can I add a charity to your list?
To suggest a charity for our program please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– How long will it take for my organization to be verified and get listed on Savoo ‘Web Search’?
It usually takes 1-3 business days for us to verify the information submitted and add your charity into our database. We’ll send you our welcome e-mail as soon as it has been approved. With so many new organizations applying daily, we thank you for your patience!
– How will we get paid?
We make payments via Paypal, charity’s are responsible for providing a responsible user email address for paypal payment distribution.
– How do I change the information on my charity’s page on Savoo ‘Web Search’?
Please send us your updated information to email@example.com and our team will update it asap.
– How do I add a logo to my organization’s profile?
Please send us your logo to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will update it asap.
– If I run a charity, how can I promote Savoo ‘Web Search’ or shop to my supporters?
Savoo is always looking to help our charity partners and we would love to hear from you. Please email marketing [at] savoo.co.uk
– Can I have our charity’s name defaulted as a chosen cause when linking to Savoo ‘Web Search’ from our site?
Yes you can. In fact, any user coming from your site to Savoo using the hashtagged url provided will see a pop up with your charity’s branding prompting them to choose your charity to donate to.
Your Savoo Account
– How do I create an account to track my individual contributions?
Click ‘Sign Up’ on any page on the site to create a Savoo User Account. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to start tracking your individual contributions as well as some additional details about your favourite cause!
– Why are you asking me to register after I’ve chosen my cause?
There are tons of added benefits to creating an account on Savoo ‘Web Search’. When you create an account, you are able to start tracking your individual contributions, and see a breakdown of your organisation’s earnings. Plus we have loads of plans for fun and exciting events / competitions and ways to earn money in the future and we wouldn’t want you to miss out.
– What is the advantage of using Facebook to register for an account?
Ease of sign-up, just click and go
– What information do you collect if I register via Facebook?
Your email address
– If I signed up for Savoo ‘Web Search’ using my Facebook account, how do I update the information that Facebook shares with Savoo ‘Web Search’?
Update your settings on your facebook profile
– How do I edit my profile information?
Profile changes can be made on your profile page – http://www.savoo.co.uk/auth/member/profile/view.html
– Where can I see what I’ve contributed to my cause?
Check out the ‘My Stats’ tab on your profile page – http://www.savoo.co.uk/auth/member/profile/view.html
– What purchases are included in my Savoo ‘Voucher Store’ earnings?
Purchases made through Savoo ‘Voucher Store’ can take up to eight weeks to be recorded as we wait for confirmation from the merchants.
– I forgot my password. What do I do?
Not a problem! To reset your password, click the “Forgot password?” link on the Savoo ‘Web Search’ login screen and we will send a password re-set link to the email address you registered with.
– How do I change my password?
You can change your password from the link on the ‘edit profile’ page – http://www.savoo.co.uk/secure/member/profile/edit.html
– How do I edit my Savoo ‘Web Search’ newsletter subscriptions?
To remove or add yourself to any Savoo.co.uk mailing, simply email email@example.com
– Each time I come to Savoo ‘Web Search’ I have to log in. How do I stay logged in?
Ensure cookies are enabled on your browser. See ‘Savoo ‘Web Search’ FAQs above
– My amount raised is not as high as I think it should be
Your earnings reflect the amount you’ve raised since creating your account. Any donations you earned for your cause before establishing your user account (or while not logged in) will still count towards your organisation’s total earnings but will not appear in your personal earnings.
– My personal amount raised has dropped or disappeared.
There are a couple of reasons this may have happened:
Is Savoo free to use?
Yes, it is totally free to use Savoo!
Do I have to create an account?
You can use all of our discount codes without signing up to Savoo, but you will get more benefits by creating an account (including personalised deal alerts).
If I register with you will you share my details?
No! We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your details with any third parties. Promise.
I’ve forgotten my password, help!
Don’t panic, you can rest your password here.
How do I contact Savoo?
Is the Savoo App free?
Yes, the Savoo app for iTunes and Android is completely free and will help you find the latest deals and codes on the go. You can download the app here.
Voucher Code FAQs
What is a voucher code?
Otherwise known as a discount code, promotional code or e-voucher, a voucher code is entered online when you are making a purchase to give you an extra discount.
How do I use voucher codes?
Using a discount code is easy when you know how; check out our a step by step guide to using voucher codes to get you started.
Are there any restrictions?
Voucher codes sometimes have restrictions, such as expiry date or minimum order value. Any restrictions will be listed in the voucher’s terms and conditions.
What’s the difference between a voucher code and a deal?
At Savoo we list both voucher codes and deals. A voucher code is a string of numbers and letters that you have to enter when shopping online, whilst a deal will appear on the store’s website without any code needed.
Why isn’t my voucher code working?
We work hard at Savoo to make sure all our voucher codes are valid, but if you do find a code that isn’t working please contact us.
Can I use multiple voucher codes?
You are unlikely to be able to use more than one voucher code at the same time.
What is a printable voucher?
A printable voucher is a piece of paper which you can redeem in restaurants, supermarkets and other shops to receive a discount.
Are printable vouchers free to use?
Our printable vouchers are completely free to use- you just need to print them off yourself!