Making sure we take the time to focus on our mental wellbeing is really important. It gives us a moment to switch off, relax and indulge in a little well deserved self-care. It’s time to slow down, unwind and achieve balance in our hectic lifestyles. One of the best places to do that is at your local spa. We want to highlight the many benefits regular spa treatments can have and how they can boost your overall mental wellbeing.
We’ve also teamed up with online beauty treatment booking platform Treatwell to offer you an exclusive Treatwell discount code so that you don’t have to worry about the money on your next trip to the spa. Plus, every deal used raises extra donations for charity in honour of International Nurses Day – find out more at the bottom of this blog.
Taking some time out to regularly relax is really important to give your mind and body some time to recover from the physical impact of daily stress. By spending time relaxing in therapeutic baths or spas you’ll benefit from significant levels of reduced anxiety.
Treatments that will help you relax:
- Deep tissue massages can help release the built-up stress that manifests as tight muscles in your neck and shoulders.
- Classic facials are a great way to cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate your skin giving your facial tissue a light relaxing massage. This will help relieve tension in the head and neck, which can really help reduce tension headaches.
- Another opportunity to promote relaxation is a foot spa. Foot massages focus on relaxing the muscles in the lower legs and feet and increasing blood flow to the joints. Adding aromatherapy to the foot spa experience can really help to enhance your overall feeling of relaxation by acting on several senses at once.
Helps you sleep better
To feel your best mentally, it is important to get enough sleep – the Mental Health Foundation have even said that ‘it’s as important to our bodies as eating, drinking and breathing’. Regular spa therapy and treatments can really help you get the best night sleep for full rest and recovery.
Treatments that will aid better sleep:
- Choosing a deep tissue massage will not only relax your muscles, but it will also release serotonin into your body. Your body converts this serotonin into melatonin, the major sleep hormone that will help you rest with ease. Massages can also help improve circulation and lower blood pressure which improves your body’s ability to rest properly.
- Another option to consider if you are looking to get a better night’s sleep is a well-deserved soak in the hot tub. Soaking in hot water will relax you both physically and mentally because as you get out of the water, your body’s internal core temperature drops, which signals to your body that it is time to rest.
Reduces stress levels
Stress is one of the main triggers for poor mental health and can lead to lots of life-changing problems, one of the most common is issues such as heart disease. But high levels of stress have also been connected to depression, weight gain, and other sleep issues. That’s why it is important to take the time to relax your mind and body to control your anxiety and stress levels. There are so many causes of everyday stress in our modern lives, that’s why spas are a great resource for overall stress reduction.
Treatments that help keep your stress levels down:
- Regular skin and facial treatments are a great way to lower the daily stressors. By caring for our skin, we can reduce the overall impact of stress on the body. The cumulative negative impact of pollution, stress, and hormones results in damaged skin. By taking time to care for your skin and the rest of your body, you can reduce the negative impact of environmental stressors.
- Most spas choose to incorporate products that enhance the stress reduction benefits of your therapy option. Adding the benefits of aromatherapy and using soothing scents of eucalyptus and lavender in various lotions and scrubs increases your relaxation and reduces stress.
Making time for a little self-care works wonders on boosting your self-esteem and overall mental wellbeing. As well as helping to calm your nerves, taking time to relax and look after yourself can have a positive impact on the way you see yourself. Treating yourself with kindness can really help give you a fresh perspective on yourself and your life.
Prioritising self-care allows you to live your life more smoothly and allows you to bring your best to whatever priorities and challenges come your way! Don’t think of it as selfish, or taking away from your overall productivity – as in fact it will only help to increase it. Take time to connect with yourself and pay attention to what you need.
For some self-esteem boosting treatments why not book yourself in for a face treatment and enjoy a fresh facial or get your brows looked at by a professional to ensure you’re glowing from the inside and out.
Gives you the chance to talk
Another great reason a spa day can really help to boost your mental wellbeing is that it can give you one on one time with a close friend or family member you might be craving. If you’ve had a lot on your mind recently, a spa day might be just what you need as it gives you the opportunity to open up to a friend in a relaxed and safe environment.
Spend an entire afternoon without your phones and distractions so you can really open up and speak about whatever might be on your mind.
💸Great ways to save at Treatwell:
All you should be focusing on is your own self care and wellbeing and not the price of your upcoming spa or salon trip. So, to help take the guilt away, we’ve uncovered a few great ways for you to save on your next Treatwell booking:
- Click on ‘Filter & Sort’ on the Treatwell treatment page and select ‘Smart discounts’ to find off-peak and last minute deals available at your local spas and salons.
- Save £10 on your next Treatwell booking by selecting a treatment from a newly added salon on the platform.
- Look out for the unmissable discounts highlighted in blue on the Treatwell website so you can book a more budget-friendly treatment.
- Sign up to the Treatwell newsletter to receive all their latest money-saving offers and news delivered straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get lots of handy beauty hacks to use outside the salon too.
- Last, download the Treatwell app to save 15% off your first app booking. Search over 12,000 salons across the country and book your well-deserved spa treatments at the click of a button.
Raise extra donations for Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity this International Nurses Day
The last 12 months have been challenging for all of us, none more so than all the amazing, hardworking nurses who have been working tirelessly to keep us all safe. That’s why this International Nurses Day, we’ve teamed up with Treatwell to raise vital donations for Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity specialist nurses and highlight the importance of taking the time to give your mental wellbeing a boost now more than ever.
From 10th to 23rd May, 3% of every Treatwell order made through our online fundraising platform will be donated directly to Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity. PLUS, we’re offering you an exclusive 15% discount code on all Treatwell bookings over £25.
Find out more ways you can help this International Nurses Day.
To unlock this incredible deal just head over to our Treatwell discount code page and click on the exclusive 15% off Treatwell bookings when you spend over £25 for new customers only. From there, you’ll be redirected to the Treatwell website where you can book any specialist treatment you want at your local spa.
Redeem the discount code at checkout to save. That’s it! As soon as your booking with Treatwell is confirmed 3% of the total booking order will go directly to Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity. So if you spend £25 on a much-needed facial or manicure, you’ll raise a 75p donation for the charity at no extra cost to you.
What are you waiting for? Book a long-overdue spa day or salon treatment for you and a deserving friend or take a little time for yourself and raise vital donations for a truly wonderful cause at no extra cost or effort. Also discover more health & beauty voucher codes and deals here at Savoo to make sure you’re making self-care a priority.