Where to find the biggest discounts this Cyber Monday
Similarly to the discounts you can expect to see during the Black Friday week, the most sought after Cyber Monday deals include huge deals on laptops, home and kitchen appliances, tablets, smartphones, fashion, flights, makeup and electronics to name but a few.
Last year saw huge price drops on iPhones and iPads as well as premium vacuums and televisions. John Lewis cut a cool £150 off the Dyson V8 Absolute vacuum cleaner, slashing the price from £500 to £350. Meanwhile Currys PC World dropped the price of the LG OLED55B7V 55in Smart 4K Ultra HD television by 50%, flogging the state-of-the-art television for just £1,500 instead of the usual £3,000.
Top Cyber Monday retailers 2019
- Currys PC World is promising lots of special one-off deals on hundreds of electricals ranging from hair dryers to home cinema systems. Get set for savings of up to 70% on big brands like Sony, Hotpoint and Bosch. Remember to check out the Currys buying guides before you buy to discover their range of products and find which ones you like.
- John Lewis will be slashing the prices of thousands of products across the Black Friday weekend and into Cyber Monday. Thanks to their price match promise, Never Knowingly Undersold, this retailer is always one of the best value places to shop. The biggest price cuts last year included £149 off the Sonos Play:1 speaker, so keep your eyes peeled for fantastic deals on tech and homeware this year.
- Debenhams will be hosting fantastic discounts across all your favourite brands this Cyber Monday. Expect unmissable deals on womenswear, menswear, home and garden and beauty products. Last year saw savings of up to 50% across a range of premium and high street brands, and this year the best bargains will be available exclusively online.
- Amazon will be holding a Cyber Monday deals week, which will run through until Sunday 2nd December. Prime members will get exclusive 30 minute early access to all Lightning Deals so it's worth registering for a Prime membership if you've got your eye on something. Prepare to find the season's hottest deals from every department including toys, electronics and more.
- Argos is guaranteeing a line up of absolutely incredible deals that'll blow your mind but not your wallet. Join the email list to be first in line to hear about the Cyber Monday plans for 2018, as the biggest deals are currently under wraps. In 2017, Cyber Monday shoppers bagged huge discounts on vacuum cleaners, smart home devices like the Amazon Echo and tablets.
- IWOOT is set to offer a fantastic selection of Cyber Monday hot picks this year, including discounts on quirky gifts and homeware. Last year saw 20% off Game of Thrones Monopoly board game, and 3 for £18 on a wide range of fun gifts. Get your Christmas shopping done early and don't miss out on these cracking deals.
- Zavvi will be sharing their biggest deals of the year this Cyber Monday. Watch out for mammoth price drops across games consoles, tech, DVD box sets, merch and clothing. Friends fans will be pleased to know the Ultimate Collection boxset was reduced by 50% last year, meaning you could snap it up for just £52.99. Could these deals be any more amazing?
- Very has been leading the way in online retail for almost a decade now, so it goes without saying that their Cyber Monday discounts are pretty major. Last year there was 20% off a range of premium clothing brands and toys, as well as up to 50% off home and furniture. Brace yourself for some epic discounts on branded electronics, fashion and beauty in 2018.
What is Cyber Monday?
For bargain-loving shoppers still hungry to get their hands on some epic discounts before Christmas, Cyber Monday could be just what you’re looking for. Falling on the Monday after Black Friday, this online-only shopping extravaganza essentially rounds up the hundreds of fantastic deals that eager shoppers have been snapping up over the weekend.
When is Cyber Monday 2019?
This year, the online shopping event is on Monday 2nd December and the beauty of it is that you can take advantage of the best deals from the comfort of your own home. Here at Savoo you’ll find hundreds of Cyber Monday deals for the likes of Curry’s, Debenhams, John Lewis and Very amongst plenty more of your favourite online retailers. If you didn’t find what you were looking for in the Black Friday sales, this could just be your saving grace.
How did Cyber Monday start?
It’s difficult to trace back the true beginnings of Cyber Monday. Plus, there are multiple theories being thrown around as to who exactly coined the term and how it began picking up pace, especially in the UK.
Just like the phenomenon of Black Friday, Cyber Monday was a term coined in the US. Falling the Monday after Thanksgiving, it’s believed that it was established by hungry retailers who were keen to encourage shoppers to spend more money online after the lull in sales during Thanksgiving. Naturally, as more people shopped, bigger and better deals were being offered by retailers, encouraging even more people to part with their cash, and so on.
However, it’s also widely believed that the inception of Cyber Monday sales was thanks to eager customers wanting to start their Christmas shopping on the last payday before the big day. As soon as retailers cottoned on they decided they wanted in, and decided to slash their prices to entice thrifty shoppers to spend more of their hard-earned money.
Either way, it’s clear to see that Cyber Monday, following hot on the heels of Black Friday, has become a real contender in terms of unmissable discounts, huge price reductions and outstanding bargains. This year it’s set to the the biggest yet in the UK, with even more retailers such as John Lewis, Tesco, Currys and Amazon stepping up to the plate and offering huge discounts across departments. Now’s the perfect time to get online and take advantage of the immense online deals.
Cyber Monday in 2019
Today, Cyber Monday marks the end of four immense days of price drops, fantastic discounts and exclusive promotions. It’s not uncommon to see the best deals saved until Cyber Monday, trumping the usual adage that the early bird catches the worm. Expect to see additional discounts and even lower prices on a range of tech, fashion, homeware and premium beauty products this year.
While Cyber Monday may not be as well-known amongst unassuming consumers as Black Friday in the UK, it’s slowly but surely making a name for itself as an essential date in the shopping calendar. Last year, savvy shoppers spent a whopping £7 million on Cyber Monday alone, compared to £2.6 billion on Black Friday. Experts predict that 2019 is set to exceed records once more.
How many people will be shopping?
In terms of the sheer number of people shopping on Cyber Monday, a staggering 21.5 million people got online in 2017. This year, even more people are set to shun bricks and mortar stores in favour of online to take part in what’s come to be known as one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
This year’s figures also suggest that Cyber Monday could even overtake Black Friday as the biggest shopping event of the year in the UK. A survey by PwC estimated that online was overtaking in-store shopping on Black Friday in every age demographic. Six in 10 over-65s are turning their back on the high street to hunt bargains online, while shoppers under 25 spend just 25 per cent of their sale shopping time in store. One thing that’s certain is that these great deals will be kicking off the shopping season with a bang.