Savoo is very proud to work in association with Save the Children, one of the best known and biggest charities dedicated to protecting and caring for children around the world. They provide food, vital education and healthcare, protect children’s human rights, create safe spaces in war-torn countries, reunite children with their families and so much more. Everything they do makes a massive difference to the children who need it the most, and there are plenty of ways you can help too!
Christmas Jumper Day
One of the great ways Save the Children encourages everyone to do their part is through Christmas Jumper Day, a fun event which takes place across the UK. This year on the 14th of December, thousands of people slipped on their most silly, itchy, outrageous and festive Christmas jumper to spread the joy and make a difference to children in need.
Everyone who takes part donates £2 to help create a brighter future for children worldwide. What better way to do your bit than coming into the office with bells on and spreading a little Christmas cheer while helping such a worthy cause.
The Savoo Christmas jumper competition
Here at Savoo, we loved the idea so much that we made it into a fun competition for the whole office. We stocked up on crafty supplies, split into teams and got the creative juices flowing. We learnt you can never have too many pipe cleaners, and that pugs should be just Christmas icons along with reindeer and snowmen.
The competition was fierce and we wouldn’t say they’re the prettiest jumpers around, but we had an absolute blast doing something a bit different and getting into the Christmas spirit, all for a great cause.
As well as spreading the Christmas cheer with our weird and wonderful designs, Savoo has donated £500 to Save the Children. We hope this will help pay for the antibiotics to treat five children suffering from pneumonia, or bring them new school books, blankets and food. Just another reason for us to be so proud of our crazy, weird and wonderful creations.
Did you take part in Christmas Jumper Day 2018? Don’t worry if you missed it, you don’t have to wait until next year to help children across the world stay safe and thrive. There are still plenty of ways you can help by donating, volunteering, fundraising and much more. You’ve also got a whole year to start thinking about your very own jumper design.
How you can support Save the Children through Savoo
You don’t have to wait until Christmas to give to a good cause. Every donation made can make a real difference to a child in need. Through Savoo, it’s never been easier to make a difference and donate to charity.
Help raise funds for Save the Children at no extra effort or cost to yourself, simply by shopping through Savoo. For every time you use one of Savoo’s voucher codes to save money on a purchase, you earn a donation to a charity of your choice.
Donate to Save the Children through Savoo with these quick and easy steps:
- Search and click on Save the Children’s profile on Savoo’s ‘support a charity‘ page to learn how your donation will help.
- Click ‘support this charity’ to start supporting Save the Children.
- Click the Savoo logo at the top of the page to return to the homepage and search for your favourite retailers such as Argos, John Lewis and Debenhams. Find an amazing deal or voucher code to save on your online shopping – there’s plenty to choose from!
- Complete a purchase using one of our voucher codes and Savoo will donate 50% of our affiliate commission to Save the Children on your behalf.
- You can also raise money by using Savoo’s search engine, which is powered by Bing. Browse the web with our search engine to raise a penny for your chosen charity with every search. Set it as your default search engine and watch the donations start adding up.
Donating through Savoo is fast, easy and can help change lives, without costing you a penny. Save yourself money while providing much-appreciated support to a cause you believe in. Log in to your Savoo account to see how much you’ve raised and to find the latest deals to enjoy.
Merry Christmas from all of us at Savoo!
PS – Which one of our designs is your favourite?
- Starry Snowman
2. Pugs for life, not just for Christmas
3. Christmas Reinman
4. Reindeer Supreme
5. Sno’mans Not Hot