Want to book your next trip away and in need of a bit of inspiration? How about somewhere a little more adventurous like New York or Las Vegas?
The thought of leaving Europe behind and venturing across the pond to the almighty USA can be daunting for those that have never travelled so far afield before. That’s why we’ve teamed up with Viator to to bring you a some travel inspiration for both cities to help you decide, as well as the chance to win £200 towards your next trip.
While both cities are located the other side of the Atlantic ocean, they sit almost 2,000 miles apart, with New York on the east coast and Las Vegas on the west coast of America. And their location isn’t the only difference – both cities offer rather different experiences of the States. But which city is better, we hear you ask? Well, that all depends on what you’re looking for, of course.
Does the thought of spending your time doing a bit of retail therapy in some of America’s most high end stores excite you? Then New York is definitely for you. The best shops in NYC include vintage clothing, jewellery and designer labels. There are also tonnes of independent boutiques – the perfect place to lose yourself for a couple of hours.
If the idea of a one-of-a-kind nightlife experience and getting more bang for your buck sounds more appealing to you, we think Las Vegas would be right up your street. Known as a brilliantly lit playground surrounded by the tranquility of the Nevada desert, Las Vegas is a melting pot of neon lights, slot machines, and insane hotels.
Still undecided? Take a look at just a small selection of the unique activities and experiences you can do in both cities with Viator. And, at the the end of this post find out how you can be in with the chance of winning £200 towards your next trip with Viator – wherever you choose to go.
See a show on Broadway: When the sun sets, New York becomes one big stage. World class actors, singers, dancers, and performers take to the iconic stages of the Broadway theatres to bring you a truly unforgettable theatre experience. The aptly-named Theatre District is in the heart of New York city, and is the bustling home of hundreds of theatres, restaurants, and shops. Bright lights, big city indeed.
Visit the Statue of Liberty: You could be considered slightly mad if you leave New York without visiting the Statue of Liberty. A staple of the NYC skyline for over 100 years, the statue is one of the most popular sights amongst tourists. Catch a cruise out to Liberty Island where you can get a once-in-a-lifetime photograph with the Lady, or climb up to the top of her pedestal for amazing panoramic views of the city skyline.
Food and culture tour: When you think of food in America, it’s easy to think of burgers, chips, and hotdogs. However, it’s good to see that New York has moved away from the somewhat monotonous American food dishes, and has made a name for itself as a hub of ethnic eateries and culinary hotspots. There are lots of different food tours you can choose through Viator including authentic Italian, Chinatown food and historic walking tour, and a Harlem historical food tour. Treat your tastebuds!
Visit a casino: If there’s one thing you think of when someone says Las Vegas, it’s casinos. They dominate the Las Vegas skyline, and are just as jaw-dropping once you’re inside as their mesmerising, decadent, and downright weird exteriors. Casinos aren’t just casinos either, with most featuring multiple restaurants, theatres, swimming pools and bars. So as well as splurging on the fruit machines, you can also enjoy a bite to eat or dip in the pool all in one place.
Visit the Grand Canyon: If the hustle and bustle of the Las Vegas strip seems a little intimidating to you, then a visit to the vast openness of the Grand Canyon must surely be on the cards. This breathtaking national park truly is a national treasure. Explore by foot, or take to the skies to discover the Grand Canyon from above.
Explore Lake Mead in style: For the thrillseekers out there, why not take out a jet ski and explore the nearby Lake Mead? The natural reservoir the largest in the whole of the USA, and is situated in the western area of the Grand Canyon national park. The perfect way to cool down from the blistering Nevada heat, taking out a jet ski is great fun for all the family, too.
Win £200 towards your next Viator trip!
We’ve teamed up with Viator who are offering one lucky winner a £200 voucher to spend on their next trip. All you have to do is head over to the Savoo Facebook page from 7am on Monday 14th August, and comment on the competition post with where you would most like to visit out of New York and Las Vegas and why. You must also ‘like’ the post to be in with the chance of winning. The competition will run until 11.59pm on Sunday 20th August, so good luck!
Remember, if you don’t win you can always check out our Viator discount codes and deals for money off your next trip.
- The competition is not linked to Facebook and is not sponsored, supported or organised in any way by Facebook.
- Every participant who comments on the Facebook post automatically agrees to these terms and conditions.
- The competition ends on Sunday 20th August at 23.59. The automatic determination of the winner takes place on the following day.
- The winner will be contacted on Facebook by Savoo, and has one week to respond with their contact details
- One person wins a £200 Viator voucher, valid for 6 months from the date of issue. Then the voucher loses validity and can no longer be redeemed. The voucher can be redeemed directly on Viator.com and is valid only for Viator products.
- Tours and activities are subject to availability
- Any exclusions on the tour cannot be redeemed against the £200
- The winner is responsible be paying any additional costs i.e. bookings exceeding £200 and/or exclusions that may apply to some tours.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over
- Proof of identity and age may be required
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Also the winner will not be able to receive a cash refund for any amount unspent.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers terms and conditions.
- Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Should the tour be cancelled by the customer, the provider or Viator, it is possible to arrange an alternative tour or date.
- In no case can a cash payment of the voucher be made.
- The participants’ data will not be passed on to third parties and will only be used for the processing of the competition.
- The winner must pay for additional costs.