- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women in the U.K. Donations to Against Breast Cancer will fund research to improve detection and increase survival rates after diagnosis.
- This charity, in particular, focuses on "secondary spread", which is when breast cancer cells spread from the breast (primary cancer) to the rest of the body (secondary cancer). Secondary spread is the main cause of death of breast cancer.
- To stop deaths from "secondary spread," the charity invests in education for younger scientists who perform innovative research into survival rates after a breast cancer diagnosis. By signing up to Savoo and selecting Against Breast Cancer as your charity, they will receive free donations every time you shop online.
How to raise free donations for Against Breast Cancer
- Sign up to Savoo for free to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for 'Against Breast Cancer', browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Against Breast Cancer
Against Breast Cancer was founded by Dr. Anthony Leathem and his wife Patricia in their quest to create a future that was free of breast cancer. Thirty years ago, whilst Dr Anthony worked at Middlesex Hospital and Patricia was a breast cancer theatre nurse at Oxford's Churchill Hospital, the two fundraised themselves to help get their research off the ground. Patricia wrote to schools, chambers of commerce and women's organisations. Dr Anthony put the charity on a national footing when he stood outside Oxford Circus Underground in his white lab coat, rattling a tin for his research. Since then, the two have raised record-breaking amounts of money to put towards breast cancer research and help improve the lives of those suffering the effects of breast cancer.
How they support: Against Breast Cancer therapies and research
The charity has released many case studies and project findings on its website. The money raised through fundraising events, donations, and challenges has been used to fund the cutting-edge research done by its scientists. Moreover, Against Breast Cancer also offers grants to those who propose research strategies, whether it's a new type of breast cancer research or to enhance an existing project. Either way, the charity is actively doing its own studies whilst funding the research of others, cementing itself as a powerhouse in the movement to find a cure.
Ways you can help: Partake in the Against Breast Cancer lottery
The Against Breast Cancer Lottery is an excellent opportunity to win up to £25,000 whilst only having to give £1 to charity. Your donation will go towards funding the vital research that the charity does, and all you need to do is check your email on a Saturday after the draw takes place to see if you've won!
Other ways to donate: Donate to Against Breast Cancer
If you're able to contribute, here's what the following amounts will go towards:
- £5 could fund the necessary research for personalised treatment and care.
- £10 could support research into how diet and lifestyle play a role in secondary breast cancer development.
- £15 will buy a sterile flask and the liquids needed to grow human breast cancer cells in the laboratory to test new treatments.
- £50 could pay for assessing the properties of an anti-breast cancer antibody to help scientists determine if it could enable new treatments or vaccine design.
If you decide to donate less, that's more than enough. Every pound is greatly appreciated.
Leathem House, 13 Napier Court Barton Lane, Abingdon
Raise donations for Against Breast Cancer at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Ted Baker
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull