- Diabetes UK is leading the fight against the U.K.'s biggest and growing health crisis. They are here to prevent Type 2 diabetes, campaign for and support everyone affected by diabetes, and fund research that will one day lead us to a cure.
- Through different fundraising and raising awareness methods, including funding ground-breaking research, holding sponsored events, visiting local schools and lobbying Parliament, Diabetes UK supports all people with diabetes.
- Diabetes UK reports 4.3 million diagnosed cases of diabetes in the U.K., a significant increase from last year. Over 2.4 million individuals are at high risk of developing Type 2 diabetes. The organisation's members play a crucial role in their efforts to make a difference.
- Diabetes UK spreads their vital message through various avenues, including 80,000 members donating £3 a month for research and expert support. Fundraising events like cycling, running, and walking for charity are also popular methods. Many other options are available too.
- Together, you can help support Diabetes UK by signing up to Savoo and selecting it as your charity to receive free donations every time you shop online.
How to raise free donations for Diabetes UK
- Sign up to Savoo for free to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for 'Diabetes UK', browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Diabetes UK
As the U.K.'s leading diabetes charity, Diabetes UK has made it its job to tackle the diabetes crisis. Every penny raised goes towards its care and support services, advice and guidance, and pioneering research. The work they support helps them to understand the causes of diabetes, bring about life-changing breakthroughs in care, treatment and prevention and bring us closer to a cure. In 2021 they invested over £6.4 million in diabetes research to kick-start 31 new studies.
What makes Diabetes UK different
Diabetes UK fosters a strong sense of community by bringing together individuals, families, and healthcare professionals affected by diabetes, creating a robust support network. The charity also advocates tirelessly for better diabetes care, awareness, and policy changes, aiming to improve the lives of millions of people with diabetes across the U.K. Through its commitment to research, public outreach, and support, Diabetes UK plays a pivotal role in advancing diabetes management, prevention, and, ultimately, finding a cure for this challenging disease.
Ways you can help: Take part in a fundraising sports event, fundraise at work, leave a gift in your will
There are many ways to help support Diabetes UK, and you don't have to have the disease to be a supporter. You can join their many different volunteering opportunities besides becoming a member. Examples include being an Events Volunteer, a Young Leader, a Local Group Secretary or Treasurer, a Speaker Volunteer, or a Family Group Chair. As one of the most significant aims of Diabetes UK is to build and foster a sense of community, taking on one of these volunteering opportunities is a great way to help them achieve this, plus it comes at no extra cost to you.
Eager to do more? How about you launch your fundraising event where all proceeds go to the charity? By ordering a free fundraising pack from Diabetes UK, you'll receive a ton of free info, ideas, tips and inspiration to help you get started with your fundraising and make it a huge success. Use the pack to help you fundraise at your school, university or workplace!
Utilising your social media pages is also a great way to show some support and help the Diabetes UK cause. Whether you decide to share videos posted on the charity's YouTube channel or plan on posting information about Diabetes Week (12-18 June), the more people you help to reach out to, the better. Share stories from inspiring people affected by diabetes, show support to those sharing their One Million Step Challenge on social media and repost fundraising efforts made by others. There are so many ways to pick from to help Diabetes UK.
How to donate and how your donation helps
As a charitable foundation, donations and fundraising efforts are extremely important in helping fund Diabetes UK's actions and activities. By becoming a charity member or helping fundraise for them, you'd be contributing to their efforts of helping fund research and provide support. To get a clearer image of how much your money helps, take a look here:
- £30 could help more people receive crucial information and advice on their diabetes
- £60 could train new professional helpline advisors to help answer every call.
- £100 could kick start investment into high-quality research projects which could shape the future of diabetes care.
Other ways to donate include leaving a gift in your will to continue helping the cause even after you've passed. If you cannot donate every month, you can participate in the Diabetes UK raffle or lottery. Your one-time fee of £1 will help support more than 4.9 million people in the U.K. with diabetes and give you a chance to win up to £12,500 in Diabetes UK seasonal Superdraws.
No matter how you choose to support Diabetes UK, know that you're helping to take care of those in need and helping to fund the ground-breaking scientific research that will cure this disease.
126 Backchurch Lane
0345 123 2399 - Careline
Raise donations for Diabetes UK at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Ted Baker
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull