What is Practical Action?
- Practical Action helps people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems, including challenges made worse by climate change and gender inequality.
- They work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy.
- Practical Action was founded by radical economist and philosopher E.F. Schumacher 50 years ago. Mostly famous for his 1973 book ‘Small is Beautiful’, he believed in putting people’s real needs at the heart of development, and that's the guiding principle that informs everything the charity does today.
- They work hand-in-hand with local communities across Africa, Asia and Latin America to find practical, lasting solutions that help people lift themselves out of poverty. Over the year of 2021-22, the charity helped to bring lasting change directly to the lives of 4 million people, and spent 91p out of every £1 raised was spent on their programmes around the world.
How to raise free donations for Practical Action
- Register for a free Savoo account to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for 'Practical Action', browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Practical Action and how you can change the social and economic systems within poorer communities
Whether you have some online shopping to do and want to find out more about raising free donations for charities through Savoo, there are so many ways to get involved and seek more information to support communities in need.
Practical Action charity key aims:
- Improve the lives and futures of people living in poverty
- Respect nature's boundaries and develop planet-friendly solutions
- Collaborate with organisations to inspire systemic change
- By 2015, Practical Action aims to have improved the lives of 6 million vulnerable people
- Contribute to nine of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- The charity's work on systems change will have positively impacted a further 20 million people
Other ways to support Practical Action
For more information about how you can support their work with some of the world’s poorest communities, please visit the Practical Action website. You can find links and resources there to help with fundraising, as well as other ways to support such as leaving a gift in your will, or buying an e-gift for your loved ones.
The Robbins Building 25 Albert Street
Raise donations for Practical Action at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Ted Baker
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull