- Walk the Walk came into being in 1996 when just 13 women power walked the New York City Marathon in their bras to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.
- In the last 22 years, Walk the Walk has raised in excess of £139 million, which has been used for grants for many organisations to research both primary and secondary cancers. Furthermore, cancer centres nationwide have received funding for both emotional and practical support for those living with breast cancer.
- Walk the Walk organises the iconic MoonWalk London, MoonWalk Scotland and MoonWalk Iceland, where thousands of women, men and children walk a marathon or half marathon at night wearing decorated bras. By signing up to Savoo and selecting the Walk the Walk as your charity, they will receive free donations every time you shop online.
How to raise free donations for Walk the Walk
- Sign up to Savoo for free to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for 'Walk the Walk', browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Walk the Walk
Walk the Walk’s mission consists of three targets:
- To support the future of breast health through investing their funds into groundbreaking research.
- To raise awareness about the need for integrated care as well as offering emotional and physical support.
- To encourage women, men and children to consider their lifestyle choices and live a healthy lifestyle.
You can show your support for the Walk the Walk in so many ways, ranging from taking part in a walk to sponsoring a walker!
How they support: Almost 30 years of funding ground-breaking research
Since being founded in 1996, Walk the Walk has been funding ground-breaking cancer research for almost 30 years and providing grants to other cancer support charities. Previous examples include Penny Brohn U.K, Cancer Support Scotland, and Maggie’s Centres. Over the many Moonwalks and donations recieved, over £137 million has been raised and put towards not just grants to cancer support charities, but also research. The Generations Study, the Breast Cancer Now Tissue Bank, and the Nina Barough Pathology Laboratory are just some of the cutting-edge cancer research projects that have benefited from Walk the Walk’s funding.
Ways you can help: Sponsor someone during their Moonwalk
If you’re unable to take part in the moonwalk, you can still play a vital role in the fundraising of ir by deciding to sponsor one walker or many of them! Choose an amount that works for you, whether it be £1 or £100, and do your part to help fund vital cancer research.
Other ways to donate: Make monthly donations
Making monthly donations is a great way to show consistent support to Walk the Walk and its many volunteers. You can donate as little as you want or as much. Donations start from £3 (to pay for tea for the day) and go up all the way to £50 a month (covering the cost of an hour of immediate advice and support). Whatever you decide to give, you’re making a difference.
6, Genesis Business Park, Albert Drive
Raise donations for Walk the Walk Worldwide at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull