What is Action Medical Research?
- Action Medical Research is the leading UK-wide charity, dedicated to funding vital research to help sick and disabled babies and children.
- They have been funding medical breakthroughs since 1952, and almost everyone has been touched in some way by the charity's groundbreaking work like the first UK polio vaccines, ultrasound in pregnancy and the rubella vaccine.
- The research they've funded has helped save thousands of children’s lives and changed many more. The charity does this by funding medical research, developing treatments, vaccinations and cures, and have spent over £117 million, funding incredible breakthroughs in medicine.
How to raise free donations for Action Medical Research
- Register for a free Savoo account to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for 'Action Medical Research', browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far in support of funding vital medical research every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Action Medical Research and how you can help save children's lives with the charity
With your support, Action Medical Research can offer hope to the many thousands of families across the UK who are dealing with the trauma of a baby born too early, striving to support a child affected by disability, or facing the challenge of caring for a child with a devastating disease for which there is no cure.
However, there is still much more that needs to be achieved to fund more life-saving and life-changing research for the UK’s sickest babies and children. The charity currently plans on funding research projects into children’s cancer, cystic fibrosis, epilepsy and cerebral palsy and much more. With the support of your free charity donations when shopping through Savoo, you can help to make this a reality!
- Over 70 years of saving children's lives
- Over 250 top researchers involved
- Just £300 can fund a pioneering research project for a day
- Around 55 lifesaving projects taking place across the UK
Support the charity with Action Medical Research events
Take on a challenge in support of Action Medical Research to save lives! There are lots of ways supporters can show their support. Taking on a sporting challenge can be fun with your friends, and Action Medical Research take things to a new level with their night treks and their cycling events.
- London to Paris cycling adventure
- London Marathon with Action Medical Research today, plus more!
Action Medical Research for children
Action Medical Research, along with partners Cure Kids and Sands, funded a 3-year study looking into sleeping position and its relationship to the risk of stillbirth and what advice can be given to reduce the likelihood of stillbirth called the Midlands and North of England Stillbirth Study (MiNESS). The team worked with 291 women who had experienced stillbirth and 733 women who had a live birth. The study confirmed that pregnant women who sleep on their back are more likely to have a stillbirth.
After publishing their findings, the 'Sleep on Side' campaign gained wide media coverage, helping reduce stillbirths by 3.7% - saving around 130 babies every year.
Other ways to support Action Medical Research
- Supporters currently attending university can be part of the growing team of student ambassadors whilst boosting employability. Learn marketing skills hands-on by promoting outdoor events at the campus, whilst making a huge difference for others.
- Would you spend £12 if it meant you could turn that into £500, or even £5,000? By signing up to the Action Weekly Lottery, supporters will have a chance to win amazing cash prizes, and be entered into a rollover draw for £5,000.
Raise donations for Action Medical Research at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull