- 1 in 4 children living in a conflict area are out-of-school and 24 million children world-wide are currently out-of-school because of conflict. However, less than 2% of humanitarian aid goes to support education.
- A girl in South Sudan is more likely to die in childbirth than finish primary school. The education of women is a key factor identified by the World Health Organisation in reducing under-5 mortality.
- Every year of education a child receives improves their future income, food security, and health. In addition, World Bank studies show that every year of education reduces risk of conflict and violence. By signing up to Savoo and selecting Africa Educational Trust as your charity, they will receive free donations every time you shop online.
How to raise free donations for Africa Educational Trust
- Sign up to Savoo for free to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for ‘Africa Educational Trust’, browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Africa Educational Trust
Africa Educational Trust reaches over a quarter of a million children and adults every year, providing education to people affected by conflict and poverty.
Millions of children miss out on education every year in Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda and Kenya because of ongoing conflict and extreme poverty. Education is a right for all children, and a child’s best chance at a better future. This is why Africa Educational Trust supports building education systems that give all children the chance to learn as well as providing educational opportunities for people who have missed their chance to go to school.
How they support: Helping children globally
Africa Educational Trust does not just focus on helping children in Africa, but all over the world. The charity has played a positive role in the lives of children in:
- Sierra Leone and more.
They seek our situations and communities where there is a need for aid and assistance and due to how affected these communities are, Africa Educational Trust tends to be the only charity giving them aid. As of 2023, they have worked in over 20 countries globally.
Ways you can help: Donate on the website
Donating to Africa Educational Trust is one of the easiest and most time efficient ways to make sure you’re able to aid the charity in helping children and affected communities across the globe. Although you can choose to donate monthly, if you were to donate on a one-time basis this is what each donation would cover:
- £10: this would cover the cost of textbooks for two female students in Afghanistan and provide them with the necessary learning tools
- £30: this would provide learning materials for an entire classroom in Afghanistan
- £100: this would cover the entire yearly school costs for an Afghani school girl. From textbooks to resources and learning tools.
Other ways you can help: Take on a challenge
If you’re unable to give monthly, or perhaps you want to get even more involved with the charity, taking on a sporting challenge to raise money is another popular way to raise money for Africa Educational Trust. Pick from the different challenges available, such as The London Marathon or The Sierra Leone Marathon and Cycle Challenge. Simple sign up to become part of the Street Child team and raise as much money as possible to create an everlasting, positive impact.
31 Southampton Row
0203 585 1271
Raise donations for Africa Educational Trust at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Ted Baker
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull