- Akshaya Patra Foundation UK Started out feeding 1,500 children in Bangalore in 2000. Today, they provide fresh, nutritious meals to over 1.8 million children every day in over 11,000 schools across 10 states of India.
- Their impact involves increased school enrolment and attendance, in particular with girl’s enrolment, and improvements in children’s cognitive development.
- This not-for-profit organisation has been recognised as the largest NGO-run mid-day meal program in the world. The Akshaya Patra Foundation, operating on a Public-Private Partnership model, utilises effective management and advanced technology to provide a nourishing and filling school lunch on a daily basis. By signing up to Savoo and selecting Akshaya Patra Foundation as your charity, they will receive free donations every time you shop online.
How to raise free donations for Akshaya Patra Foundation UK
- Sign up to Savoo for free to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for ‘Akshaya Patra Foundation UK’, browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Akshaya Patra Foundation UK
Askhaya Patra Foundation UK is the world’s largest of Free School Meals provider founded by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada after seeing a group of starving children in Mayapur, India. Since then, the foundation started its mid-day programme in June 2000 and first started providing free mid-day meals to 1,500 children across five government schools in India. Today, the foundation feeds over 1,8 million school children across the U.K. and India.
How they support: Their work in India and the U.K.
The Akshaya Patra Foundation UK aids children in both India and the United Kingdom. They provide meals to over 1.5 million children every day across the two countries. In India, the charity has partnered with the government to produce an average of 20,000 meals an hour through the Mid-Day Meal program and its Food for Education program.
Within the U.K., the charity runs two feeding programmes with the aim of tackling food poverty among children and adults. The first is called the ‘Nourish to Flourish’ program, which has served close to one million meals to date. The second is called the ‘Beat Hunger’ program, and it serves close to 3,000 adults every day at noon across London six days a week.
Ways you can help: The journey of £1
Donating to Akshaya Patra Foundation UK does not have to be a huge financial burden on you, and you can make a huge impact by donating as little as £1. The charity calls this ‘The Journey of £1’, and you can see what your £1 donation can do in the U.K. and India:
- A £1.25 donation in the U.K. will provide one hot and healthy meal to a child.
- A £1,25 donation to India will provide hot and healthy meals for a whole month to children in government schools in India.
By donating to provide these children with nutritious, filling meals, you will be helping to tackle the issues of malnutrition and hunger in both countries. Also, you’ll be aiding the children’s concentration in school, reducing school dropout rates, and making a better future for them a firm possibility.
Other ways you can help: Fundraise for one of Akshaya Patra Foundation’s campaigns
There are plenty of active campaigns on the charity’s website for you to pick from if you’d rather donate to a direct campaign that you feel strongly about. This is a surefire way to ensure that you are making a lasting impact on those who are in need, no matter how big or small your donation is. Some examples of current campaigns include:
- Genpact Impact - Feeding Hungry Children in the U.K.
- Aalok Soni’s Fundraiser for Children
- Clifford Chance’s Fundraiser for Akshaya Patra U.K.
There are many more on the website that can be viewed. Alternatively, you can also create your own campaign and share it amongst your circle.
27 Gloucester Place, Marylebone
020 800 48741 / 45
Raise donations for Akshaya Patra Foundation UK at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Ted Baker
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull