- Alzheimer's Research UK is the U.K.'s leading dementia research charity, dedicated to causes, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure.
- Backed by passionate scientists and supporters, the charity is challenging the way people think about dementia, uniting the big thinkers in the field and funding the innovative science that will deliver a cure.
- Without effective treatments, one in three people born today will develop dementia in their lifetime. Today, there are no dementia survivors, but research can change this. Alzheimer's Research UK's mission is to bring about the first life-changing dementia treatment by the year 2025. By signing up to Savoo and selecting Alzheimer’s Research UK as your charity, they will receive free donations every time you shop online.
How to raise free donations for Alzheimer's Research UK
- Sign up to Savoo for free to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for ‘Alzheimer's Research UK', browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Alzheimer's Research UK
850,000 people are estimated to be living with dementia in the U.K. Dementia is caused by physical diseases, most commonly Alzheimer’s disease. But others include vascular dementia, dementia with Lewy bodies and frontotemporal dementia. There are currently no effective treatments or cures for the diseases that cause dementia. With your help, Alzheimer's Research UK will power the groundbreaking research that will transform lives.
How they support: How your donations help
- £10 could buy slides so scientists can study 100 samples
- £20 will fund one hour of groundbreaking research
- £50 will help run their Dementia Research Infoline for two hours
Ways you can help: Take part in events and challenges
There are so many different ways you can help Alzheimer's Research UK to make life-changing breakthroughs possible. Here are a few ideas of how you can get involved.
- Take on a fundraising challenge. You can find inspiration at their fundraising page.
- Donate your time and volunteer to make a major impact.
- Get your workplace involved with fundraising or see if Alzheimer's Research UK could become your company's corporate partner.
Other ways to donate: Make monthly donations
Making monthly donations to the charity is one of the easiest and most effective ways to show your support and ensure constant funding so that Alzheimer’s Research UK can help those who need it the most. If you donate:
- £3: This could help fund research to improve MRI brain scanning.
- £5: This could assist scientists developing an Alzheimer's blood test, which could help to detect the disease in its earliest stages.
- £10: This could help provide the tools for scientists to map 10,000 genes in minute detail, identifying targets for the development of new treatments.
3 Riverside, Granta Park
0300 111 5333
Raise donations for Alzheimer's Research UK at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Ted Baker
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull