What is Animals Asia Foundation?
- This charity’s aim is to end cruelty and restore respect for all animals in Asia. Their mission is to end bear farming for bile in Vietnam, provide sanctuaries for bears, end the suffering of all animals in captivity - ensuring all animals are treated humanely like with dogs and cats at home.
- More than 400 bears are kept in sanctuaries throughout China and Vietnam where Animals Asia Foundation cares for bears and gathers evidence of the effects that bile extraction has on bears. They operate world-class bear rescue centres in Chengdu (China), Tam Dao (Vietnam) that provide bears with comfortable dens and semi-natural enclosures where they are able to keep bears in a safe environment, surrounded by other bears. These centres also contribute to the local community, as 250 jobs were created as a result of the centres opening.
- The charity is also working hard to stop the needless killing of dogs as organised by the government in their efforts to reduce stray dog populations. Furthermore, the charity also works to stop cats and dogs from being snatched on the street and taken to meat markets, from which they are sold for human consumption, tragically enduring slow and violent deaths. To stop this, the charity provides funds and training to around 100 animal welfare groups that rescue dogs and cats. It's estimated that just in China, around 10 million dogs and 4 million cats, are slaughtered for their meat each year.
- The charity raises funds to ensure they can continue to fight for animals’ rights, and in doing so, will ensure they abide by the charity’s core values. They vow to always prioritise the welfare of the animals as responsible guardians for the animals they look after, do their utmost to find compassionate solutions that benefit people as well as animals; and finally, act ethically at all times in everything they do.
How to raise free donations for Animals Asia Foundation
- Register for a free Savoo account to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for 'Animals Asia Foundation', browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far for animals in Asia every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Animals Asia Foundation and how you can support the charity
If you're passionate about protecting the lives of vulnerable animals, raise free donations for Animals Asia Foundation through Savoo. Learn more about the charity and start shopping using our discount codes and deals after registering.
How your donations make an impact for Animals Asia Foundation
- £3 – A day’s food bill for one bear. With loads of fresh fruits, vegetables, and special vitamin-packed biscuits.
- £10 – Could vaccinate a dog against rabies in China. The charity's rabies prevention programmes reduce the need for mass culling of dogs.
- £20 - Could support one volunteer to investigate one zoo for one day. These investigations help the charity find evidence to support the closing of establishments with poor animal welfare.
- £23 - The daily cost of caring for each bear. That’s nutritious food, cosy shelter, play equipment and health care. Animals Asia Foundation currently house over 350 bears at our sanctuaries.
- £350 - Could pay for an emergency full-body health check on a rescued bear, making sure they can assess the damage and immediately start repairing broken bears.
- £600 - The price of one bear’s gallbladder surgery to remove the diseased and toxic organ after cruel bile farming has wrecked it.
Volunteer for Animals Asia Foundation
If you have a passion for animal welfare, volunteering is a great way to show your support for Animals Asia Foundation. Whether you want to volunteer to help with office duties, volunteer any special skills, or even just by sharing their content online - there are so many ways to get involved!
Other ways supporters can help Animals Asia Foundation
- You can sponsor a bear for £23 a month.
- Or become a member of Oliver’s Army by giving a monthly donation of your choosing to support our campaigns.
- One of the best ways to help the charity in their aims is to get involved yourself, and raise awareness amongst your local community.
- There are many fundraising events that the charity’s set up for supporters to attend. Whether supporters are a fan of yoga, or fancy a sponsored walk, there’s always something happening. For example, there’s the bear-BQ (get it?), or the Walk in the Woods event, as well as a sponsored skydive. All details can be found in their events section on the charity's website.
- Everyone is welcome to hold a talk on the charity’s behalf. They’ll create presentation packs for various groups in order to help educate people, and spread the word about what’s happening in Asia.
- Finally, Animals Asia Foundation has a selection of clothing in the Animals Asia shop with their logo on and funny, friendly messages that make for great gifts.
The list really is endless in how you can help Asia’s animals!
Office 17, Mary Seacole Road, The Millfields
Raise donations for Animals Asia Foundation at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull