The Children’s Heart Federation (CHF) is the leading UK children’s heart charity and works with individuals and organisations concerned with children and young people with health and educational needs due to acquired or congenital heart conditions.
What the Charity does to make an impact
• They share information via two series of information sheets, heart conditions and caring for heart children.
• The Charity have an Information phone line for support and advice.
• Gives small grants to heart families to help with extra expenses eg. travel to and from hospital, subject to available funds.
• Provide INR machines (to check coagulation levels in children on blood thinners) where they are not available from the NHS trust, subject to available funds.
• Produces scarred Molly’s Dollies for children undergoing surgery or having treatment for a heart condition.
• Produces Rosie goes red, Violet goes blue a booklet that explains about a heart condition to young children.
• Advise policy makers and service providers on how the needs of children with heart conditions should be met.
• Share a twice monthly round up of congenital heart disease news via their e-journal: Heart2Heart that focuses on key UK and international stories.
• Support research projects across the globe to help make the future a brighter place for children with heart conditions.
• Campaign for improvements in health, social and educational provision for young CHD patients.
• Promote better awareness and support for heart children and families via their social media platforms on Facebook and Twitter.
How supporters' donations help
£24 can provide a Molly’s Dolly; a doll with surgical scars for a child with a heart condition
£200 will provide 10 information packs to families
£750 pays for an INR machine for a child on Warfarin
You might be interested to know
CHF’s information sheets are used by cardiac nurses to give to parents
CHF promotes the ThinkHeart campaign signs that a baby may have a heart condition
CHF is involved in research projects
Heart conditions are the most common health condition at birth
Important dates for your calendar
14th February - CHD awareness day
7th – 14th February - CHD awareness week
Suite 12, The Centre Lakes, Industrial Park, Braintree
0300 561 0065
Raise donations for Children’s Heart Federation at our top stores
- Protein World
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks and Spencer
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Tesco Groceries
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- Currys PC World
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- Muscle Food
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Dell Alienware
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- Sleep and Snooze