Did you know...
• ‘One Childhood, One Chance’ defines everything we do at Honeypot.
• 70% of the children that come to Honeypot are young carers who juggle school and growing up with performing a surrogate adult role at home. The other 30% of the children are vulnerable in the sense that they may have a parent or family member that has a drug, alcohol or mental health issue.
• Many of the children have also been in a caring role from as young as 5 years old, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This in turn has a negative effect on their own personal development and puts the children at high risk of poor mental and physical health and may lead to social issues such as isolation, bullying and school absence.
• We were founded in 1996 and opened our first Honeypot House, Hampshire in the beautiful new forest in 1998.
• We recently opened a second Honeypot House Pen y Bryn in Wales.
• Every year, we offer over 1,000 children from across the UK a respite break at Honeypot House in Hampshire or Pen y Bryn in mid-Wales.
• We must raise over £1 million each year to provide our services, for which we receive no direct government funding.
What makes The Honeypot Children's Charity different
Honeypot is unique in the UK, as we are the only children’s charity that provides a programme of long term, consistent respite and support to children.
The programme includes an annual respite holiday at Honeypot House, up to three Playbus visits a year as well as Christmas and birthday cards and presents.
Other ways to support
• Volunteering opportunities: We offer volunteering opportunities in our Playbus, which is part of our outreach service and Green Days at Honeypot House.
• Events: we offer a bespoke calendar of engaging fundraising events, which will motivate and inspire your employees.
• Pro bono support: legal, HR, marketing, construction and maintenance.