We all have 11 years to stop climate change in its tracks. The great news is that everyone can help – simply by eating more veggie food! The Vegetarian Society empowers, informs and inspires people to be vegetarian.
How donations make an impact
£8 will provide a New Veggie pack to someone who wants to eat more veggie food.
£17 will give an expectant mother support and nutritional advice for a healthy veggie pregnancy.
£37 will fund a place on a cookery course to teach kitchen skills to people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
You might be interested to know...
They’ve worked with 46 schools in the last year, giving 18,400 pupils the opportunity to eat healthy, nutritious veggie food.
They organise National Vegetarian Week each year – in 2019 alone more than 21,000 people attended a National Vegetarian Week event!
They offer grants to community groups and charitable organisations to ensure that everyone has access to tasty, healthy, veggie food.
Their work involves
- Providing a free enquiries and dietitian service to give trustworthy advice on following a veggie diet.
- Working to improve the provision of veggie food across the UK, and accrediting vegetarian and vegan products to provide reassurance to shoppers.
- Giving grants to community groups nationwide so more people can share and enjoy vegetarian food.
- Organising National Vegetarian Week.
- Raising awareness of the health and environmental benefits of eating more veggie food.
- Providing free cookery classes to community groups and vulnerable people, helping them build confidence and improve their cookery skills.
- Offering cookery classes to home cooks and professional chefs, equipping them with the skills needed to create incredible veggie food.
Important dates for your calendar
1st October - World Vegetarian Day
11th to 17th May - National Vegetarian Week
Ways to support the charity
Parkdale, Dunham Rd
0161 925 2000
Raise donations for The Vegetarian Society at our top stores
- Protein World
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks and Spencer
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Tesco Groceries
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- Currys PC World
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- Muscle Food
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Dell Alienware
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- Sleep and Snooze