Did you know...
AWF provides funds and runs projects which have a direct impact on animal welfare:
• Supporting innovative and applied research that makes a practical difference to animal welfare.
• Encouraging vets to become animal welfare advocates and educators by investing resources in providing animal welfare lectureship positions and hosting student talks at veterinary schools on a range of animal welfare issues.
• Encouraging responsible pet ownership by producing a range of printed and web based materials to boost awareness and understanding of animal welfare needs.
• Influencing engagement in animal welfare issues within the veterinary profession by providing a forum for discussion to highlight and debate welfare issues and promote animal welfare best practice.
• Animal welfare has greatly improved, however, with emerging and evolving diseases ever present, and a continuing demand for good welfare education and pet care advice, our work remains invaluable.
What makes Animal Welfare Foundation different
We work directly with veterinary professionals from all specialities which provides us with a unique insight into the many challenges facing animal welfare.
This professional approach underpins all our work; AWF uses its expertise and passion to deliver practical solutions which will enhance animal welfare best practice for generations to come
Other ways to support
By supporting AWF, you too will play an important role in keeping animals healthy and happy throughout their lives.
In addition to supporting us through Savoo you can take part in our fundraising events, or even create your own. You can also set up tax free donations through payroll giving or donate for free when you chop online using Give as you Live. In addition to this you can also leave a gift to AWF in your will. Please get in touch with us directly if you are interested in supporting us.