Did you know...
Every day our trained volunteers and project staff provide free, confidential, independent and impartial advice on a huge range of issues.
These include (but are not limited to)
- money advice
- consumer issues
- family problems
- health services
- legal rights and responsibilities
What makes Citizens Advice Edinburgh different
We are the only universal, impartial and independent advice provider in the City of Edinburgh. Our advice is provided predominantly by volunteers who give their knowledge, skills, time and expertise, free of charge, to help fellow citizens in need of advice and support.
Other ways to support
We assist with over 27,000 enquiries each year, and our volunteers give over 80,000 hours of unpaid time to help others across Edinburgh.
We are a charity and charge nothing for our services. We rely on grants and donations to survive.
Perhaps you, a friend, colleague or family member has used our service to seek help with sorting out a problem and you would now like to help us in return.
As an individual or family you can:
- Make a donation
- Become a volunteer
- Donate professional expertise – e.g. fundraising, accountancy, marketing
- Remember us in your Will
- Become a Trustee
As a business or organisation you can:
- Make a donation – information here
- Become a supporter
- Work in partnership with us on specific projects
- Sponsor in-house advisers in your organisation
- Include our name on your staff charity lists (e.g. Charity of the Year)
- Provide us with use of assets e.g. office space, meeting/conference space
- Donate stationary e.g. paper, pens
- Pass on computers or office equipment
- Provide IT or admin support
- Encourage your staff to volunteer with CAE
- Become a Trustee
If you are interested in supporting us in any of these ways - or would like to discuss working with us - please use our online form to contact us for more information.
We would be delighted to hear from you!