- For young people facing difficult challenges, such as living with an illness or disability, dealing with substance abuse or facing mental health issues, music can be one of the many things they miss out on. Yet they're often the ones who get the most out of music-making.
- Young people take the lead in Youth Music projects. They're given opportunities to choose what and how they want to learn. Many go on to mentor other children or to train as project leaders themselves.
- Youth Music ensures that every child can participate, whatever their circumstances. Each young person is treated as an individual and encouraged to explore their passions and discover new musical interests. By signing up to Savoo and selecting Youth Music as your charity, they will receive free donations every time you shop online.
How to raise free donations for Youth Music
- Sign up to Savoo for free to start saving money and raising free donations
- Click 'Support a Charity' to browse our charity directory
- Search for 'Youth Music', browse by category, or select another charity close to your heart
- Ensure you're signed in to your Savoo account and click 'Support this charity' on the page of your choice
- Begin using our discount codes and deals to save at your favourite stores
- Check out your account to see how much you've raised so far every time you place an order through Savoo!
Learn more about Youth Music
Youth Music is a national charity funded by the National Lottery via Arts Council England, players of People's Postcode Lottery and support from others such as fundraisers, donors and partners. The charity has hosted all types of awards, notably The Youth Music Awards, to celebrate artists, leaders, and entrepreneurs funded via the NextGen Fund.
The Youth Music NextGen community is made for creatives who want to get their foot in the music industry but need help finding opportunities. Through funding, industry connections, and even providing paid opportunities, the Youth Music team can help emerging musicians achieve their dreams and help change the music scene.
How they support: NextGen Fund
The NextGen Fund offered by Youth Music offers young creatives funds of up to £2,500 to make their dreams a reality. Through donations and fundraising events, the charity has created several grants to be handed out to deserving applicants. Successful applicants aged 18-25 (or under 30 and disabled) can use the money to fund their next creative project, idea or business.
Ways you can help: Partake in Gig Week
Want to support Youth Music but can't afford to donate regularly? Support young people by watching them perform live during Gig Week from 27th March to 2nd April. This time of year brings together artists, local communities and individuals who want to equalise music and give new and emerging artists a chance to get noticed. When you purchase a ticket, the money will be put towards funding the Youth Music causes, such as music projects and recruiting aspiring creatives.
Other ways to donate: Donate to Youth Music
A one-off or monthly donation is a great and easy way to fund Youth Music projects. If you can afford to donate £10-30, this is what your donation will support:
- £10 could help musicians and creatives who've lost income and opportunities during the pandemic.
- £20 could help provide stability for music-making organisations to continue supporting young people.
- £30 could help the music industries support young people and become more inclusive, diverse and creative.
If you decide to donate less, that's more than enough. Every pound is greatly appreciated.
Studios 3-5, Swan Court, 9 Tanner Street
020 7902 1060
Raise donations for Youth Music at our top stores
- Pets at Home
- early learning centre
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- First Choice
- The Hut
- Dorothy Perkins
- New Look
- Karen Millen
- H Samuel
- Ernest Jones
- Sleep and Snooze
- Hotel Chocolat
- Holland and Barrett
- The Body Shop
- SPORTS DIRECT
- BT Broadband
- In The Style
- Pizza Hut
- Hive Home
- Mindful Chef
- Amazon Prime Video & Music
- Bamboo Clothing
- Home Essentials
- Papa John's
- Bloom and Wild
- JD Sports
- Raging Bull