The range of our disabilities cover children, young people and adults with cerebral palsy and all related neurological conditions.
Did you know...
• Cerebral Palsy Sport became an independent charity in 2001 and is a small national charity supporting people with cerebral palsy to reach their sporting potential.
• Cerebral Palsy is a condition that affects muscle control and movement. It is usually caused by an injury to the brain before, during or after birth. Children with cerebral palsy have difficulties in controlling muscles and movements as they grow and develop.
• Around 2-2.5 in every 1000 children in the UK are born with cerebral palsy and there are approximately 1,800 children diagnosed with cerebral palsy every year.
• There is an estimated 30,000 children with cerebral palsy in the UK.
• Cerebral Palsy Sport reach over 4,000 people with cerebral palsy and other physical disabilities every year through sport.
• Our charity was the proud host and organising committee of the Nottingham 2015 CPISRA World Games with over 400 athletes taking part in the international event.
• Cerebral Palsy Sport supports parents, coaches, teachers and sports professionals through our Cerebral Palsy Awareness courses. For more information, please click here.
What makes CP Sport different
Cerebral Palsy Sport is the only national sports charity supporting people with cerebral palsy to discover the joys of sport. We cater for people with cerebral palsy
We offer a wide range of sporting opportunities from athletics, bowls, football, swimming, table cricket and our new adapted sports of RaceRunning, Frame Football and Touch Golf.
We provide specialised opportunities for children, young people and adults to participate in sport often for the first time in a safe, inclusive and adapted environment.
Other ways to support
There are many ways that supporters can help Cerebral Palsy Sport:
• Volunteer at one of our events or at our headquarters in Nottingham. You can find out about our volunteering opportunities here
• Tell someone you know who has cerebral palsy about our charity and the opportunities we offer. Visit our website for more information here
• Organise a fundraising event for us or take part in a charity challenge to raise funds for us. There are lots of ideas on our website. Click here for more information
• Donate to us regularly by setting up a direct debit or regular donation.Visit our Donate page to find out more: http://www.cpsport.org/support-us/donate/"