• We prevent children from ending up alone by supporting fragile families
• We provide long-term family care for lone children in SOS Children’s Villages
• We provide quality education and healthcare in these communities
• We ensure children’s rights are protected wherever possible
• We care for and protect children during crisis and disaster
Did you know...
As a leading organisation in the development of the UN Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children, we are global experts when it comes to safeguarding children without, or at risk of losing, parental care.
As well as creating SOS families in our Children’s Villages we help local families to stay together through our “family strengthening programmes". These aim to prevent family breakdown and child abandonment.
What makes SOS Children's Villages UK
Our holistic approach. When a child loses everything, SOS Children’s Villages is there to give them a home, a mother and a family. We provide homes where children grow up from infancy to adulthood. Homes with an SOS mother and siblings. This is what makes SOS Children’s Villages unique. We keep biological siblings together.
Other ways to support
Organising a charity event on our behalf, spreading the word of what we do, volunteering, organising a community group to fundraise and raise awareness, choosing SOS UK as the charity of the year in their working place